Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Our Schedule

People always ask what it's like to be a stay-at-home mom with triplets and how do I get through each day. It is not as bad at you might think. Actually it became pretty easy once I created a schedule. Babies thrive on routine....which I'm sure most of you already know that and as long as we stay on our schedule and the babies get enough sleep every night it runs pretty smoothly and the babies are happy. Everyone always tells me that they could not imagine having three babies........Well, I cannot imagine having just one.

As you might know I used to be a Kindergarten teacher and once I found out that I was having triplets I quit my job to stay at home with them since we knew they would be preemies and that putting them in daycare that soon was not an option. They were born at 33 weeks gestation and preemies do not have a strong immune system like a full term baby does so our doctor advised us to keep them out of childcare for at least the first six months. So this school year I am staying at home with my precious babies.

7:30am - I wake the babies up and they lay in their crib and watch their mobiles until their bottles are made.

7:45am - we go into the playroom and play until 8:00am

8:00am - 6 oz bottle and rice cereal from a spoon

8:30am - 9:30am - play in the playroom, watch Barney,Baby Einstein, Sesame Street or read a book

9:30am - 11:00am - Nap Time

11:00 - Play

11:30am - 6 oz bottle and a vegetable from a spoon

12:00 - 1:00 - Play

1:00 - 3:00pm - Nap Time

3:00 - 3:30 - Play

3:30 - 6 oz bottle

4:00pm - 7:00pm - Play

Ever other night at 6:30pm - Bath Time

6:45 - Change in to PJ's

7:00pm - 8oz bottle

7:30 - Bedtime!!!!


Then............at 7:30am we do it all again!

Since I am home alone with the babies most days, I made this schedule that we follow pretty religiously. We follow this schedule everyday no matter what!!!!! The feedings, bath time and playtime are ALWAYS the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment