Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Busy Week.....

Wow....What a week already and it is only Wednesday. Well the week started off with a visit from Dori and Sage on Monday. Sage FINALLY got to come and visit the babies. After 6 long weeks of waiting as patient as she could, she finally got to meet her three baby cousins. I wish you could have see the look on her face when she walked through my front door. I was holding Cooper and she ran over and said "you have Cooper." Sage is probably my number one fan on my blog. She makes Dori pull it up daily to look at pictures of the babies and Cooper is by far her favorite. When I told her that she would be on my blog since she came to visit, she made sure she took as many pictures possible with the babies. She says Cooper is her favorite, but she likes Aiden and Landon too.


OUR TUESDAY ADVENTURE

On Tuesday Jason and I took the babies to my school (School at St. George Place) to visit some of the teachers I worked with. We stayed way longer that planned so Drue (Principal) and Carolyn got to feed the babies. It was really great to see everyone. I had not seen a lot of the teachers since I went on bed rest back in April.

After we left the school, Jason decided that he needed a new pair of shoes so we took the babies to Sports Authority. They were SO good. People always say that they have no idea how we go anywhere with three babies. It's not getting the babies out........ its' once we get to where we are going that the adventure really begins. Getting all three babies ready, getting them in there car seats and in the car is a piece of cake. Once we reach our destination, we are stopped by dozens of people and we are asked tons of questions about the babies. I guess since we are triplet parents is doesn't seem weird or different to us, but people are so amazed that we have three babies and that we were "brave" enough to take them out of the house.

Wednesday

Today (Wednesday) we had a Dr. appointment with the babies pediatrician, Dr. Ho. The babies have all gained almost a pound each since last week. They are VERY healthy little babies.

Aiden - 7 lbs. 4 oz. and 20 1/4 inches long
Landon - 7 lbs. 2 oz and 20 1/8 inches long
Cooper - 8 lbs. 4 oz and 20 3/4 inches long

My babies will be 40 weeks gestation this Friday, August 14, 2009. It is hard to believe that my babies were actually supposed to be born this Friday. They have grown SO much and we can actually say that they are no longer little preemies. They have now graduated to the newborn status. Dr. Ho was very pleased with the progress that they have made since birth. Now that they have gained weight and are strong and healthy he suggested that we adjust there schedule and get them to sleep at least 6 hours a night. Up until today they have been eating every 4 hours and are up for about an hour between each feeding. So, that means they would eat at 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm, 11pm and 3am. Dr. Ho said that we needed to choose a bedtime for them and then once they are down for the night that we should not pick them up or feed them until 6 hours have passed. I have NO idea how I am going to let my babies lay there and cry. But, like he said it is different when you have three babies. It is SO important that they are on a very strict schedule, so that Jason and I and the babies all get enough sleep. Oh, and we are not allowed to give them a pacifier. Tonight will be there real test. We will put them down at 10pm and see how crazy it gets and see how much crying we can stand. Dr. Ho said that if we stick to this schedule that they will be sleeping through the night within two weeks. Man I hope he is right because on a normal day I cannot go 30 seconds listening to them cry. I always have to pick them up. So, I will give you an update soon to let you know how our new adventure goes.

Here are pictures of our sweet babies......



Aiden


Aiden


Aiden and Cooper


Cooper


Cooper and Aiden


Cooper


Dori and Cooper


Landon


Landon


Landon


Landon


Landon and Aiden


Bed Time....Landon, Aiden and Cooper


Play Time..... Landon, Aiden and Cooper


Sage, Cooper and Dori


Sage and Aiden


Sage and Cooper


Giving Cooper kisses


Sage reading a book to the babies


Sage, Cooper, Aiden and Landon


Sage and Landon


Landon, Cooper, Aiden and Sage


Landon, Cooper, Aiden and Sage

No comments:

Post a Comment