Sunday, June 14, 2009

Better late than never

I guess I should have started this months ago, but I guess it is better late than never. I follow two blogs of two other families who have just given birth to triplets and I think its a great way of communication. Since I will not have time to make all the phone calls and answer emails, I figured I could keep everyone updated on this blog.

As you may know, Jason and I are expecting triplets within the next few weeks. We are having three boys!!! Two identical and one fraternal. We have decided on the names Aiden and Landon for the identical twins and Cooper for the fraternal. We are both super excited and scared at the same time. When you find out you are pregnant you would never dream that they would tell you weeks later that you are having triplets. We have everything ready and now we are just waiting for them to get here.

I have been on bed rest at home for almost 12 weeks now. I am so lucky that I have not had to be on hospital bed rest so far, but I know it is coming really soon. Dr. Reiter has taken really good care of me and the babies so far. He said that he would probably put me in the hospital by June 19th. So, if he does, that only gives me 5 more days a home. I am 31 week and 2 days as of today. Dr. Reiter wants me to try to make it to 34 weeks which would bring us to July 3rd.

I had a doctors appointment last Wednesday and he said that so far everything looks great. Aiden and Landon are 2lbs 14oz and Cooper is 3lbs 3oz. We are hoping that by July 3rd that all of the babies are at least 3 and a half to 4lbs. The bigger they are the less time they will have to stay in the NICU. I have another doctors appointment this coming Wednesday so I will give you an update then.

No comments:

Post a Comment