Tuesday, June 23, 2009

32 weeks and 5 days

I had a doctors appointment this morning and so far the babies are doing GREAT! Aiden (Baby A) is 3lbs 9oz, Landon (Baby B) is 3lbs 11oz and Cooper (Baby C) is 4lbs 4 oz. Dr. Reiter was VERY happy with their weight. He said that he thinks that they will be here in the next 7 to 10 days if not sooner. They all had very strong heart beats and great movement. My feet are a bit more swollen then they were last week, but I had no trace of protein and my BP was 122 / 65. Higher than last week but still good.

He decided to admit me into the hospital (Texas Woman's) so that they could monitor the babies more closely. Also, if I start having contractions they can give me a shot called Ventolin right away to slow them down and hopefully stop them. I will be monitored two times a day for contractions and they will also monitor the babies heartbeats two times a day and make sure they are all good and not in distress. Especially the identical twins since they share the same sack and do not have much more room to grow.

I have had some contractions since being admitted this morning but nothing to worry about. They already gave me a steroid shot to help speed up the development of the babies lungs and I will have another shot tomorrow. I have only been here for 4 hours and I already want to go home. I know that I am very lucky to have made it this far. I know that most women who are expecting triplets are usually on hospital bed rest way before 32 weeks so I guess I should not complain too much.

I want to thank all of you for your calls, emails, texts, prayers and thoughts for us. The support had been amazing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment