Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 2, 2009

Last night was our first night at home without the babies. I have known for some time now that after I delivered the babies that since they would be premature that they would have to stay in the NICU for several weeks. There is nothing you can do to prepare yourself when you have to leave the hospital without your babies. I was discharged from the hospital at 2 pm, but hung out with the babies and did not actually leave the hospital until 6:30 pm. It was really nice to be home and be able to sleep in my own bed, but then again, it was really hard being away from the babies. I only called the hospital to check on them two times. Each time I called the nurse would give me a full report on what they had been doing. It pretty much consisted of her telling me about their feedings and that they were sound asleep. I am so thankful that the hospital has such WONDERFUL and caring nurses to take care of my babies. I was able to get some sleep although I was awake every other hour wishing that they were at home with us.

It was back to work today for Jason. I felt really bad for him because when he was getting up at 5:30am I know that he was just as tired as I was but I was able to stay home and sleep and he was not. Once Jason got off of work at 1:00 we went back to the hospital to visit our boys. We had a great visit with them and we even got to help give Aiden his second bath since he was born. I am SO amazed at how the babies are progressing each day. They are so alert and love it when we just sit there and talk to them.

Cooper is now eating 31 ml of formula at each feeding and he still cries for more when he finishes his bottle. Like I said before, he LOVES to eat!!! They removed his IV today so he is officially IV free. Cooper is 4 lbs 3.4 oz. as of today. He is very close to his birth weight which was 4 lbs 9 oz. If he keeps eating like he does he will pass up his birth weight in no time.

Cooper

Cooper

Landon also had his IV removed today and is IV FREE at last!!!! He still has his feeding tube, but he ate from a bottle for four of his feedings today. I cannot wait until the feeding tube is removed and I am sure he can't either. I just looks so uncomfortable. Landon is now eating 29 ml of formula at each feeding. He is 3 lbs 14.8 oz. He is the smallest of all three babies.

Landon

Landon


Aiden is doing SO much better than he was. He is still being tube fed, but he is now eating 13 ml of formula in one feeding. He is now only on 30% oxygen!! YAY!!!! ( he was on 100% at birth) We are so proud of how strong of a little fighter Aiden is. He is 3 lbs 15 oz. which is only 5oz from his birth weight.

Aiden getting a bath for the second time.

Aiden

No comments:

Post a Comment